Kuldeep Yadav, left, celebrates with Manish Pandey in Brisbane. (Source: AP)
Kuldeep Yadav and Adam Zampa have made large jumps in the ICC T20I Rankings released on Monday (November 26) with both entering the top-5 of the bowlers charts for the first time in their careers. The latest player rankings include performances in the one-off T20I between Australia and South Africa, and the T20I series between Australia and India.
In the batting rankings, Shikhar Dhawan is the biggest mover, rising five places to a career-high 11th position. The left-hander scored 76 and 41 runs, while the second match in Melbourne was washed-out. KL Rahul and Rohit Sharma have both dropped two places to go sixth and ninth respectively.
Yadav has jumped 20 places to claim the third position, while Zampa has leaped 17 places to occupy the fifth place. The two wrist-spinners have edged out seamers Jasprit Bumrah of India and Bangladesh’s Mustafizur Rahman out of the top-20 to increase the number of slow bowlers to 13 in the top-20 list. Others to lose ground inside the top-20 are South Africa’s Imran Tahir in ninth (down by three places), Yuzvendra Chahal in 11th (down by seven places), Australia’s Billy Stanlake in 14th (down by five places) and Andrew Tye in 18th (down by eight places).
There is no change at the top of the rankings with Babar Azam of Pakistan continuing to be the top-ranked batsman, while Afghanistan’s Rashid Khan is the top-ranked bowler and Glenn Maxwell of Australia is the leading all-rounder.
In the team rankings, India and Australia have both dropped a point with the series finishing 1-1 on Sunday in Sydney. South Africa, meanwhile, have picked up three points for their win in the one-off T20I.
ICC Top 10 Team Rankings
- Pakistan -138 points
- India – 126 points
- England – 118 points
- Australia – 117 points
- South Africa – 114 points
- New Zealand – 112 points
- West Indies – 102 points
- Afghanistan – 92 points
- Sri Lanka – 87 points
- Bangladesh – 77 points
ICC Top 10 Batsmen Rankings
- Babar Azam (Pakistan) – 858 points
- Colin Munro (New Zealand) – 815 points
- Aaron Finch (Australia) – 806 points
- Fakhar Zaman (Pakistan) – 749 points
- Glenn maxwell (Australia) – 745 points
- KL Rahul (India) – 719 points
- Martin Guptill (New Zealand) – 703 points
- Alex Hales (England) – 697 points
- Rohit Sharma (India) – 689 points
- Jason Roy (England) – 688 points
ICC Top 10 Bowlers Rankings
- Rashid Khan (Afghanistan) – 793 points
- Shadab Khan (Pakistan) – 752 points
- Kuldeep Yadav (India) – 714 points
- Adil Rashid (England) – 676 points
- Adam Zampa (Australia) – 670 points
- Ish Sodhi (New Zealand) – 668 points
- Faheem Ashraf (Pakistan) – 652 points
- Imad Wasim (Pakistan) – 651 points
- Imran Tahir (South Africa) – 640 points
- Shakib Al Hasan (Bangladesh) – 633 points