What exactly is on these pages?
Your university sets your tuition cost. You really need to check always using them how much you’ll be charged for the program, to help you submit an application for the best quantity of Tuition Fee Loan.
The Tuition Fee Loan needs to be reimbursed, yet not until such time you’ve completed or kept your program, as well as your earnings is finished the payment limit.
What is available?
Most pupils won’t have to cover tuition costs at the start – it is possible to submit an application for a Tuition Fee Loan to pay for your costs.
Just how much you may get is dependent upon:
- Simply how much your university costs
- Whether you’re learning at a publicly or university that is privately-funded college
- Whenever you began your program
You can get a Tuition Fee Loan all the way to ?9,250 if you should be their studies at an qualified uni or university. If you should be learning an accelerated level program, you have access to as much as ?11,100.
If you are not sure if a program qualifies for pupil finance, talk with the uni or university.
Whether you may get pupil finance is dependent upon your:
- Individual circumstances
- Uni or university
Your nationality or res
You’ll be qualified to receive pupil finance if all the apply that is following
- You normally are now living in England
- You’ve been residing in the UK, EU, or EEA for at the very least 36 months prior to the very first time associated with the first educational 12 months of one’s program
Lived outside of the UK, EU, or EEA?
You are able to nevertheless get pupil finance in the event that you had a temporary break in residency if you’ve lived outside of the UK, EU, or EEA during the three years before the start of your course.
To show it was only a short-term break in residency, you can easily deliver:
- Your visa showing that your particular time abroad had been short-term
- Short-term work contracts for you personally or your moms and dads
- Proof you maintained an association because of the UK, for instance bank statements showing your UK address, home loan statements, or bills
In the event that you’ve resided away from UK, EU, or EEA on a short-term foundation, you really need to have gone back to great britain by the beginning of your program to qualify for pupil finance.
If you should be an EU nationwide, or a family member of 1, you’ll be qualified to receive pupil finance if every one of the apply that is following
- You’ve been staying in the united kingdom for at the least 5 years ahead of the day that is very first of first scholastic 12 months of the program
- You’re surviving in England in the day that is very first of first educational 12 months of one’s course
- You’ll want to tell all of us the details you’ve resided at within the last 5 years, and deliver us evidence that is original show this. Types of proof you can deliver include:
- Council Tax bills
- Utility bills
- Wage slips
- Letters from HMRC
- Child Tax Credits letters
- Child Benefit letters
- Taxation statements
- Income tax calculations
- Bank statements
If perhaps you were under 18 in the beginning of the five 12 months period before your program begins, we are able to additionally accept:
- Signed/stamped letters on headed paper from your own college or university confirming times of attendance (it must verify the exact times)
- A young child Benefit or Child Tax Credits letters that are award to your mother and father, along with your title noted on the page
- College reports
Lived away from UK, EU, or EEA?
It is possible to nevertheless get pupil finance in the event that you had a temporary break in residency if you’ve lived outside of the UK, EU, or EEA during the five years before the start of your course.
To show it was merely a break that is temporary residency, it is possible to deliver:
cash america pawn shop
- Your visa showing that the time abroad ended up being short-term
- Short-term work contracts for your needs or your moms and dads
- Proof which you maintained an association because of the UK, for instance bank statements showing your UK address, home loan statements, or bills
You could be eligible to apply for student finance as an EEA migrant worker, or a relative of one if you have not lived in the UK for at least five years before the start of your course. Determine if you’re eligible.
Non-UK and non-EU nationals
If you’re from outside of the British plus the EU, you’ll be qualified to receive pupil finance if most of the after apply:
- You’ve got settled status (what this means is you’ve got no restrictions as to how long you are able to stay static in the UK), such as for instance Indefinite Leave to stay or Indefinite Leave to Enter
- You have got resided in the united kingdom for at the very least 3 years ahead of the very first time regarding the first scholastic 12 months of the program
- You will be staying in England regarding the very first time regarding the first scholastic 12 months of the program
You might be in a position to use if you’re:
- A refugee, or a family member of one
- Under Humanitarian Protection, or a family member of somebody under Humanitarian Protection
- Under 18, while having resided in britain for at the very least seven years
- 18 or higher, and also have resided in the united kingdom for at the least twenty years, or at the least half your daily life
- The kid of the Swiss nationwide
- The little one of A turkish worker
- A person that is statelessincluding qualified loved ones)r
- Awarded leave to stay, or even a kid of somebody provided keep to stay, under area 67 regarding the Immigration Act 2006
To meet the requirements under part 67, you really need to have been residing in the united kingdom for at the least 3 years ahead of the day that is very first of first educational 12 months of the course.
Your actual age
There’s no age that is upper for pupil finance, however, if you are over 60 from the very first time for the very first educational 12 months of one’s program, you won’t be capable of getting the essential repair Loan – the total amount of loan you may get is determined by your home earnings just.